Wednesday, September 20, 2006

After my math 256 class (applied differential equations) on monday morning, I went to the student bookstore to purchase the books that were required for my upcoming classes. I went to the back of the bookstore and picked up my math and biology classes and got in line to pay for them. When I got to the front of the line, the workstudy student working the front desk called me up. She took my books and said "will this be cash, credit, or debit?" I told her "debit" and I handed her my debit card. She then said "I am going to need to see some I.D." So I reached into my wallet and grabbed a driver's liscense and handed it to her. She looked at the debit card, then at the I.D., back at me, back at the liscense, back at the debit card, then handed the I.D. back to me and swiped my debit card. When she handed the card back to me, I realized that I did not hand her my I.D., but the fake I.D. I found at work one day. Normally someone would be happy that their fake I.D. was a success and go out and get wasted. I on the other hand was on the verge of peeing my pants because my I.D. is not of a teenage guy, it is of a 51 year old lady. 5' 4", 150 lb. Nancy Jones was the person on my fake I.D. and I only used it as a joke with my friends and I would say "hey, have you seen my fake I.D." and then hand it to them and they would just think I was a moron. The girl at the front desk not only didn't notice that I was 6' 3", 185 lb. 19 year old dude, it didn't bring up a red flag when she saw that the name on the I.D. didn't match the one on my debit card. Either this girl is so dumb that thinks that you only need to check an I.D. to see if they are from the right state, or she thought that I was mentally retarted and I go around town buying things with an expired I.D. that is so far over the edge rediculous that no one in their right mind would have to look at it for more than two seconds to know that it wasn't mine. I then left the store and proceeded to call my sister to share with her a story that could only happen once in a lifetime (a lifetime of an idiot kid who thought it would be a good idea to keep a fake I.D. in the same place as his actual I.D.). Dad, I hope you enjoyed that and it was worth the wait for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One other possibility is you are not as tall, manly or smooth skinned as you might have imagined....just one possibility

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person! Have you ever Googled Nancy Jones? Might be interesting to learn about the lady you're impersonating. LF

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that is funny! And it was definitely worth the wait!