Monday, September 10, 2007

I was flying home from California today (on an airplane, I don't know what else I would be on, but I don't want to lose anyone) after visiting my girlfriend Sean who many people who read this do not know and we can talk about it later if you are interested. I went into the lavatory while we were in flight. I go in and turn around to lock the door and notice that there is a sign on the door that says "Any tampering of smoke detector will result in a $2200 fine" or something along those lines. Then I look down a little bit further and it says "There is no smoking on this plane" and little pictures of cigarettes with a slash through them. Then I look down a little bit further and there it was, right before my eyes...a slot for your cigarette butts. Perfect! Why are the airlines telling these addicts not to smoke, but providing them with everything they need to do it (ventilation system through the toilet and an ash tray). It is like giving a crack addict a pipe and telling him not to smoke, when chances are he has crack on him. I am not mad or anything because I don't really care, but is there honestly a reason for that? I am home safe now and after the cigarette in the lavatory I am way more relaxed, but I just thought that everyone should be aware of the culture we live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerm...
You make me laugh! :o) I noticed that you called Sean your "girlfriend"...that's new! I guess spending 5 days with her changed your point of view, 'eh? :o) You KNOW that I like her, so no need to explain...I'm just yankin' your chain.
Glad you're safe and sound on the ground!
love you,
Mom
xoxoxoxoxoxox.....

p.s. you haven't written here in 2 months! I was a bit shocked to actually see a new entry!