Sunday, June 24, 2007

As some of you know, I went to Ashland/Medford this weekend for a 3-on-3 basketball tournament with my roommate Chris' friends Tim and Eddie. We had two games on Saturday and after the two games we were pretty hungry, so we went to Senor Sams (that is supposed to be in spanish). Eddie said that I should eat the "Biggest Burrito" that they serve there because if you eat it all, they give you five dollars back if you eat the whole thing by yourself. It sounded like a challenge that I was up to, so we both ordered it. Then Tim said that if I ate a large Cold Stone Creamery ice cream along with the burrito, that he would give me another $5. I rarely back down from a challenge, so I was aiming high. When I ordered my burrito, the lady started putting it together and it was two large tortillas next to each other with meat, cheese, lettuce, beans, salsa, sour cream and rice packed in so that she couldn't even shut the burrito. She put it on a huge platter that was about a foot and a half and the burrito went from end to end of it and it was probably 10 inches around. She said that it was the size of two and a half normal burritos from there and they are pretty big. Eddie finished his in about 15 minutes, it was incredible, the thing just disappeared. Right after he finished, he headed into the bathroom because he thought that he was going to throw up. I was trying to get it down as fast as possible so that I could finish it before my mind realized that I was full. Apparently I have poor eating skills because I had trouble getting the food from my plate to my fork to my mouth. It took me about 25 minutes and to my surprise, I wasn't full. I ate like a 6 lb burrito and I felt fine, so I said "let's go to Cold Stone." We went over there and I at a large peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cups in it and finished it with no problem. After I was done, still probably could have eaten another regular burrito. I was in a zone. That experience made me rethink my life and I realized that my real calling in life is to be a professional eater. I ate that much food without any training (and I haven't been eating a lot lately anyway) and I didn't feel sick, that is a gift. I am quitting school and work so that I can work on my speed and technique. I would appreciate support from all of you in my endeavor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!

I'm impressed and disgusted all at the same time. And here's the link you need to get started in your new career:

http://www.ifoce.com/index.php

And maybe you should watch the pie eating contest scene from Stand By Me one more time before you decide for sure.

But, what I really want to know is how you guys did in the tourney!

Dad

Beth said...

I'm not gonna lie, that's ridiculously disgusting and impressive at the same time... I have a feeling a few of my teenage, boy, clients would be happy to take on your challenge!

Anonymous said...

Wow dude, that's really gross. BUT, if it's the most fiscally responsible move you have going for you currently, and it's better than school, go for it!